An Octagonal -- Ju Jitsu filly sold for $55,000 ($32,951 in U.S. funds) Tuesday to top the second and final session of the William Inglis & Son autumn yearling sale in Melbourne, Australia.
A Distorted Humor colt sold for $40,000 (approximately $26,976 in U.S. funds) Monday to top the first session of William Inglis & Son's autumn yearling sale at the Oaklands Complex in Melbourne, Australia.
The Tattersalls autumn yearling sale finished with a flourish in England on Friday, establishing records for gross revenue, average price, and median price.
The Tattersalls Autumn yearling sale started in strong fashion Thursday in England, easily eclipsing last year's figures. The upswing included a record price for a yearling at the auction of 47,000 guineas ($76,845).
The autumn yearling sale at Oaklands Junction ended its two-day run on Monday in Australia. The 324 yearlings sold grossed $3,054,750 (approximately $1,649,565 in U.S. funds) and averaged $9,428 ($5,091).
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale