An Octagonal -- Ju Jitsu filly sold for $55,000 ($32,951 in U.S. funds) Tuesday to top the second and final session of the William Inglis & Son autumn yearling sale in Melbourne, Australia.
A Distorted Humor colt sold for $40,000 (approximately $26,976 in U.S. funds) Monday to top the first session of William Inglis & Son's autumn yearling sale at the Oaklands Complex in Melbourne, Australia.
The Tattersalls autumn yearling sale finished with a flourish in England on Friday, establishing records for gross revenue, average price, and median price.
The Tattersalls Autumn yearling sale started in strong fashion Thursday in England, easily eclipsing last year's figures. The upswing included a record price for a yearling at the auction of 47,000 guineas ($76,845).
The autumn yearling sale at Oaklands Junction ended its two-day run on Monday in Australia. The 324 yearlings sold grossed $3,054,750 (approximately $1,649,565 in U.S. funds) and averaged $9,428 ($5,091).
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio