An Octagonal -- Ju Jitsu filly sold for $55,000 ($32,951 in U.S. funds) Tuesday to top the second and final session of the William Inglis & Son autumn yearling sale in Melbourne, Australia.
A Distorted Humor colt sold for $40,000 (approximately $26,976 in U.S. funds) Monday to top the first session of William Inglis & Son's autumn yearling sale at the Oaklands Complex in Melbourne, Australia.
The Tattersalls autumn yearling sale finished with a flourish in England on Friday, establishing records for gross revenue, average price, and median price.
The Tattersalls Autumn yearling sale started in strong fashion Thursday in England, easily eclipsing last year's figures. The upswing included a record price for a yearling at the auction of 47,000 guineas ($76,845).
The autumn yearling sale at Oaklands Junction ended its two-day run on Monday in Australia. The 324 yearlings sold grossed $3,054,750 (approximately $1,649,565 in U.S. funds) and averaged $9,428 ($5,091).
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win