An Octagonal -- Ju Jitsu filly sold for $55,000 ($32,951 in U.S. funds) Tuesday to top the second and final session of the William Inglis & Son autumn yearling sale in Melbourne, Australia.
A Distorted Humor colt sold for $40,000 (approximately $26,976 in U.S. funds) Monday to top the first session of William Inglis & Son's autumn yearling sale at the Oaklands Complex in Melbourne, Australia.
The Tattersalls autumn yearling sale finished with a flourish in England on Friday, establishing records for gross revenue, average price, and median price.
The Tattersalls Autumn yearling sale started in strong fashion Thursday in England, easily eclipsing last year's figures. The upswing included a record price for a yearling at the auction of 47,000 guineas ($76,845).
The autumn yearling sale at Oaklands Junction ended its two-day run on Monday in Australia. The 324 yearlings sold grossed $3,054,750 (approximately $1,649,565 in U.S. funds) and averaged $9,428 ($5,091).
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger