Santa Anita Park's 2015 autumn meet will be highlighted by six grade I Breeders' Cup Challenge races, the Southern California track announced July 22.
The $750,000 CashCall Futurity (gr. I), an annual stop for future Triple Crown contenders, will once again be the most lucrative event on the stakes calendar for the final meet at Betfair Hollywood Park.
The Southern California track also reported its average daily handle up 9.5% but complete figures are not yet available for the 26-day Autumn meet.
Unzip Me, a four-time stakes winner on Santa Anita's downhill turf course, will play the role of favorite in the $100,000 Senator Ken Maddy Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 30 on opening day of the autumn meet.
Hollywood Park made gains following a disappointing opening weekend due to rain, but was unable to erase the deficit. Attendance and handle figures were down from 2001 following Sunday's conclusion of the 35-day Autumn Meet.
Hollywood Park has completed a renovation of the entire one-mile oval portion of its Lakeside Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Jaramillo Named to Ride Majesto in Derby
- Suddenbreakingnews to Have New Look in Derby
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Another Big Score for Dennis O'Neill
- Lady Shipman Easy Winner in Belmont Return
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Adventist 'Ready' if Derby Spot Opens Up
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning