The winner of this year's Ladbrokes.com Railway Stakes (Ire-II) was sold for 320,000 guineas ($531,714 in U.S. funds).
Hong Kong-bound juvenile Craggy Cat (Statue Of Liberty) brought 280,000 guineas at the penultimate session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in Newmarket. The two-time winner for trainer Luca Cumani will join John Moore in Hong Kong.
Tattersalls' largest-ever autumn horses in training sale begins Oct. 29 with a total of 1,613 lots in the catalog. The sale runs through Nov. 1.
Tattersalls chairman Edmond Mahony last night issued a hard-hitting statement criticizing the number of high-profile withdrawals from the company's Autumn Horses In Training Sale.
The Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale ended Thursday in England with its highest-ever gross revenue, average price, and median price. The previous marks all had been established during the 2000 renewal of the auction.
Frankies Dream, who has finished third in two group III events, brought the top price of 200,000 guineas (approximately $326,970) Wednesday during the third session of Tattersalls' Autumn horses in training sale in England.
Masani, who is group stakes-placed in Ireland, brought the top price of 250,000 guineas (approximately $409,448) during the second session Tuesday of Tattersalls' autumn horses in training sale in England.
Recent Irish Cesarewitch winner American Gothic brought the top price of 140,000 guineas (approximately $227,468) Monday during the opening session of the Tattersalls autumn horses in training sale in England.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland