The California Horse Racing Board has granted licenses to two companies to offer account wagering effective immediately, and betting will begin. But the licenses are time-sensitive, and some deals with horsemen remain in limbo.
At the invitation of The Blood-Horse, each of the four license applicants seeking to offer Advance Deposit Wagering in California was asked to provide a brief statement concerning their applications. With the exception of Youbet.com, which declined to submit a statement, the responses can be viewed at the following links.
Applications from four companies seeking to offer Advance Deposit Wagering, or account wagering, in California will be considered by the California Horse Racing Board Thursday, Jan. 24. The regulations were approved by the state last Friday, allowing the CHRB to proceed with consideration of the applications from Autotote Enterprises Inc., Magna Entertainment Corporation, ODS Technologies (TVG), and Youbet.com. At the invitation of The Blood-Horse, each of the four license applicants was asked to provide a brief statement concerning their proposal for account wagering in California. Here is the response from Autotote Enterprises:
Applications from four companies seeking to offer account wagering in California will be considered by the California Horse Racing Board on Jan. 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Downs at Albuquerque Releases 2017 Stakes Schedule