Sealy Hill, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes her return to Woodbine, the Toronto track where she made her reputation, for the $300,000 Nassau Stakes (Can-IIT).
Candy Ball broke sharply and led every step of the way in the $150,000 Bayou Breeders' Cup Handicap Feb. 23 at Fair Grounds, soundly defeating five rivals in the 1 1/8-mile test that was moved to the dirt.
A field of seven is entered for the Feb. 23 Bayou Handicap, a 1 1/8-mile turf test for older fillies and mares at Fair Grounds.
A full field of 14, led by California grade I winner Rags to Riches, is set to go postward in Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Making her first start since a third-place finish in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), Dogwood Stable's Cotton Blossom was too much to handle in the $200,000 Florida Oaks at Tampa Bay Downs Saturday.
A field of eight fillies, including grade III winner Cotton Blossom, will take the gate for the March 17 $200,000 Florida Oaks, going 1 1/16 miles at Tampa Bay Downs.
Derrick Smith and Michael Tabor's Rags to Riches, the Todd Pletcher-trained dominating winner in Sunday's Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), stood as a solid favorite in Pool 2 of Churchill Downs' 2007 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager when wagering on the four-day pool concluded on Sunday evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem, OBS March Co-Topper, Wins Debut
- Churchill Downs Opens 12-Day Meet Sept. 5
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Viva Lad Steps Up for Presque Isle Mile
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- New York-Breds Could Continue Strong Year
- The Week in Photos for 9/2/2014
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon