Tac de Boistron overtook pacesetter High Jinx in the final furlong and struck for a repeat win in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I, French St. Leger) Oct. 26 at Longchamp.
Queen Elizabeth II's Estimate makes her first start of the year June 19 at Royal Ascot, where she will bid for a repeat victory in the Gold Cup (Eng-I).
Tac de Boistron delivered a career-best effort for an authoritative five-length win in the Prix Royal-Oak (Fr-I, French St. Leger) Oct. 27 at Longchamp.
Last year, Marco Botti saddled Jakkalberry to take the inaugural edition of the 1 11/16-mile turf event. This year, he repeated with 4-5 favorite Dandino, a 6-year-old Dansili runner owned by Australian Thoroughbred Racing.
Three-time British champion jockey Ryan Moore will ride the 9-5 morning line favorite Dandino, a grade II winner, in the American St. Leger Stakes Aug. 17 at Arlington Park.
Platelet unleashed a furious rally from far back to win The Distinctive Homes Goodwood Stakes (Aus-I), South Australia's premier sprint, May 11 at Morphettville.
Maybe Discreet made a gleaming impression in her debut at the group I level April 27 at Morphettville, scoring a convincing 2 1/2-length triumph in the AUS$400,000 Schweppes Australasian Oaks (Aus-I).
Buyers on day two at the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4 opened their pocketbooks for horses bred to go middle and long distances in a new "Blue Riband" session at the Oaklands sales complex in Melbourne.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Curalina, Syndergaard Breeze at Belmont
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill