The action soared inside the sales ring, April 6 along with the temperature, on the second day of the Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale in Sydney, Australia.
Multiple group I winner Response topped the second day of the Magic Millions broodmare sale when she sold for $1.5 million (US$1,159,620) during the May 28 session of the auction in Queensland, Australia.
A filly by champion sire Fastnet Rock that sold for Aus$1.05 million ($850,846 in U.S. funds) topped the third session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Queensland, Australia on Jan. 9.
History was made Jan. 7 when a filly from the first crop of Sepoy sold for $850,000 ($690,107 in U.S. funds) and topped the opening day of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale in Queensland, Australia.
- By Peter Tonkes
The return of the top-priced colt from Australia's major yearling sale caused some consternation in the wake of a tremendously successful auction. However, the use of X-rays also reflects a significant advance for the Australian and New Zealand branch of the Thoroughbred industry.
Led by a Sea Hero mare in foal to End Sweep, the Australian Broodmare Sale conducted by the William Inglis & Company ended Monday with a 17% increase in average price.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course