Australian apprentice jockey Caitlin Forrest died Oct. 15 after a fall at Murray Bridge race course near Adelaide, the second female jockey to die in recent days.
Australia's administrative racing data is to come under the control of the Australian Racing Board, the nation's governing body for horse racing, upon completion of a deal to buy the nation's Stud Book.
Owners will be required to report the retirement of racing Thoroughbreds within 30 days under a new rule adopted by the Australian Racing Board.
The Australian Racing Board announced Sept. 16 it will impose a total ban on the use of anabolic steroids both in and out of competition.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Elm Park Cruises to Easy Racing Post Tally
- Adelaide Strikes From Last to Win Cox Plate
- Busy Day of Breeders' Cup Works Oct. 25
- BC 2014: California Chrome Work
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Ouzts Takes Santa Anita Off 'Bucket List'