Australia's administrative racing data is to come under the control of the Australian Racing Board, the nation's governing body for horse racing, upon completion of a deal to buy the nation's Stud Book.
Owners will be required to report the retirement of racing Thoroughbreds within 30 days under a new rule adopted by the Australian Racing Board.
The Australian Racing Board announced Sept. 16 it will impose a total ban on the use of anabolic steroids both in and out of competition.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- The Week in Photos for 11/29/2014
- What's Going On Here: Going National
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark