A positive test for equine influenza has jeopardized a plan to offer "in-house racing" at Randwick. Officials are awaiting the results of a confirmatory test.
He's No Pie Eater is not the most tasteful name to inflict upon a noble Thoroughbred. But it has not stopped him joining some of Australia and New Zealand's finest, including Phar Lap, on the list of Chipping Norton Stakes (Aus-I) winners.
Thoroughbred breeders who are happy with the industry's staunch opposition to artificial insemination and embryo transfer should not get too comfortable. Pending legal action against the AQHA and The Jockey Club have the potential to wrest from breed registries control over their own rules.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby