Vinery's Australian broodmare dispersal netted owner Dr. Tom Simon $14,686,500, but it seemed to raise more questions than answers. Are they pulling out of Australia by doing this?
The Australian broodmare sale ended at Newmarket Thursday with a gross of Aus$18,678,650 and an average price of Aus$40,169 for the 465 horses sold.
The opening session of the Australian broodmare sale kicked off at Newmarket Tuesday, with 170 horses selling for a gross of Aus$9,957,500 and an average price of Aus$58,574.
Balletomane, the dam of Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Silic, sold for $750,000 (approximately $404,625 in U.S. funds) Tuesday during the second session of the William Inglis & Son Australian broodmare sale. She shared the honors for the session's top price with the Sir Tristram mare Fly the Flag.
Brisk trade and beautiful autumn weather combined to make the opening session of the Australian broodmare sale a great success.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order