Vinery's Australian broodmare dispersal netted owner Dr. Tom Simon $14,686,500, but it seemed to raise more questions than answers. Are they pulling out of Australia by doing this?
The Australian broodmare sale ended at Newmarket Thursday with a gross of Aus$18,678,650 and an average price of Aus$40,169 for the 465 horses sold.
The opening session of the Australian broodmare sale kicked off at Newmarket Tuesday, with 170 horses selling for a gross of Aus$9,957,500 and an average price of Aus$58,574.
Balletomane, the dam of Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Silic, sold for $750,000 (approximately $404,625 in U.S. funds) Tuesday during the second session of the William Inglis & Son Australian broodmare sale. She shared the honors for the session's top price with the Sir Tristram mare Fly the Flag.
Brisk trade and beautiful autumn weather combined to make the opening session of the Australian broodmare sale a great success.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen