Vinery's Australian broodmare dispersal netted owner Dr. Tom Simon $14,686,500, but it seemed to raise more questions than answers. Are they pulling out of Australia by doing this?
The Australian broodmare sale ended at Newmarket Thursday with a gross of Aus$18,678,650 and an average price of Aus$40,169 for the 465 horses sold.
The opening session of the Australian broodmare sale kicked off at Newmarket Tuesday, with 170 horses selling for a gross of Aus$9,957,500 and an average price of Aus$58,574.
Balletomane, the dam of Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Silic, sold for $750,000 (approximately $404,625 in U.S. funds) Tuesday during the second session of the William Inglis & Son Australian broodmare sale. She shared the honors for the session's top price with the Sir Tristram mare Fly the Flag.
Brisk trade and beautiful autumn weather combined to make the opening session of the Australian broodmare sale a great success.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont