A study of Australian racing has concluded that breeders in that country have paid more than Aust$500 million in training fees over the last two seasons.
Sunline continued to pad her resume, carrying 132 pounds to victory for a second time in the Coolmore Classic (Aus-I).
That the best horse won is a statement most would like to see made more often. The capricious nature of racing, however, is the natural enemy of order. Yet it happened in Sydney on April 14, when Universal Prince pulverized his rivals in the $2 million (Australian funds; $1,018,400 U.S.) Australian Derby (Aust-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac