A study of Australian racing has concluded that breeders in that country have paid more than Aust$500 million in training fees over the last two seasons.
Sunline continued to pad her resume, carrying 132 pounds to victory for a second time in the Coolmore Classic (Aus-I).
That the best horse won is a statement most would like to see made more often. The capricious nature of racing, however, is the natural enemy of order. Yet it happened in Sydney on April 14, when Universal Prince pulverized his rivals in the $2 million (Australian funds; $1,018,400 U.S.) Australian Derby (Aust-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale