Driefontein sped to the front at the start and made all the pace to win the Sportingbet Classic (Aus-I) April 26 at Morphettville. The race was one of two at the group I races on the card.
Maybe Discreet made a gleaming impression in her debut at the group I level April 27 at Morphettville, scoring a convincing 2 1/2-length triumph in the AUS$400,000 Schweppes Australasian Oaks (Aus-I).
Anamato and Universal Queen, in the shadows of the leading Australian fillies Miss Andretti and Miss Finland all season, broke through with group I wins at Morphettville on April 21.
Until Elusive Quality struck gold in the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I) with Smarty Jones, Distorted Humor was the only sire of the Derby winner to have been rostered in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains