Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Austin's Mom needed some time to be ready for the right opportunity, and Saturday afternoon, everything fell into place in the $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud