Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Austin's Mom needed some time to be ready for the right opportunity, and Saturday afternoon, everything fell into place in the $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont