Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Austin's Mom needed some time to be ready for the right opportunity, and Saturday afternoon, everything fell into place in the $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation