Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Austin's Mom needed some time to be ready for the right opportunity, and Saturday afternoon, everything fell into place in the $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000