Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Austin's Mom needed some time to be ready for the right opportunity, and Saturday afternoon, everything fell into place in the $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format
- Daddy Does Best
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat