Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Austin's Mom needed some time to be ready for the right opportunity, and Saturday afternoon, everything fell into place in the $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- NYRA Privatization Bill Filed
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Thirty on Breeders' Cup Members Ballot