The 8-year-old veteran The Tin Man did just enough to win Saturday's $250,000 Clement L. Hirsch Memorial Turf Championship (gr. IT), a race he also won in 2002 on the lawn at Santa Anita Park.
The 8-year-old gelding The Tin Man had Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT) at his mercy, going gate to wire to defeat a powerful field on the Arlington Park turf.
Ageless The Tin Man earned a repeat victory in the $250,000 American Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) Sunday on the Hollywood Park turf, which isn't all that remarkable until you consider that his first win in the 1 1/8-mile event came in 2002.
Ralph and Aury Todd's homebred The Tin Man carved up the field in Saturday's $200,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT), romping to an easy front-running victory on a yielding Santa Anita turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Southern Ring Speeds to Whimsical Victory
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic