Augustin Stable's Informed Decision, who has nine career wins and holds Keeneland's seven-furlong track record, drew the outside post position in Saturday's 29th running of the $250,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. II).
Augustin Stable's Winter View, riding a three-race win streak, the last two in graded stakes company, is the one to beat in the Robert G. Dick Memorial Stakes (gr. IIIT) July 18 at Delaware Park.
George Strawbridge Jr.'s homebred Palmilla pulled off a shocker in the $300,000 Robert G. Dick Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 12 on the Delaware Park turf, as she soared past 1-5 favorite Rosinka in mid-stretch to win by 3 1/2 lengths under Rosemary Homeister Jr.
Fran's Valentine, the only horse to be disqualified from first in the history of the Breeders' Cup, was euthanized in early October because of the infirmities of old age.
Latice, a French classic-winning filly before becoming a U.S. stakes winner for George Strawbridge's Augustin Stable, has been retired from racing and is booked to Kingmambo.
Crowd Pleaser, a graded stakes-winning son of A.P. Indy, was found dead in his paddock June 27 at Northview Stallion Station near Chesapeake City, Md.
Annie Edge, a graded stakes winner and dam of six homebred stakes winners for George Strawbridge, has been euthanized at Bettina Jenney's Derry Meeting Farm near Cochranville, Pa.
With Anticipation, who has started in 17 grade I events in his seven-year career, has been retired.
Augustin Stable's Rochester, a multiple stakes winner who ran into traffic problems in his last start, will carry highweight in Sunday's 1 3/8-mile Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Gulstream Park.
What do you get when you mix a Breeders1 Cup winner, a Saratoga Grade I winner, a speedy California-bred with a Grade I win, an Eclipse Award finalist and a champion? A steeplechase race at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off