Petionville has arrived at Audrey Murray's Murmur Farm in Darlington, Md., for the 2014 breeding season after standing in Pennsylvania the past two years. The veteran Grade 1 sire remains the property of Everest Stable.
Allen Murray, who with his wife, Audrey, operated Murmur and Berkley farms in Darlington, Md., died Aug. 13 at age 80.
Disco Rico, a multiple graded stakes winner, came through with his first winner when his daughter Pure Disco won July 13 at Monmouth Park in her initial outing.
E. Allen Murray and his wife, Audrey, who bought the stallion Our Emblem two years ago and watched him develop into a star when his son War Emblem won the 2002 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. I). have purchased 10-year-old Louis Quatorze for stallion duty at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md.
After War Emblem hit the wire in the May 18 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), Audrey Murray cashed a $5 ticket on the speedy colt and got back $19. But any day now, she and her husband, Allen, could be celebrating an even bigger payoff as the result of War Emblem's success in the Triple Crown races.
Few stallions in recent memory have enjoyed more of an upswing in their reputation in such a short span as Our Emblem.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Better Lucky Sticks With Dirt for Ballerina
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner