Edith Dixon's Smart Enough is the most accomplished horse in a full field of older turf sprinters, and will carry a top weight of 121 pounds in the $125,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 13 at Keeneland.
Dare To Dream Stable's 6-year-old mare Nicole's Dream defeated males in gate to wire fashion to take the first running of the $250,000 Turf Sprint Championship at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Terra Racing Stable's Marco Be Good, the second-longest shot on the board at 12-1, won the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) on the turf Sunday at Woodbine in near-record style.
This time Man of Illusion had a clean trip. In his first start in this country, the Australian-bred horse had tons of trouble and still was beaten only two lengths in Keeneland's Shakertown (gr. IIIT). Friday, he had clear sailing and won the $116,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Australian-bred Man of Illusion, third most recently in the Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland, is the 5-2 morning line favorite in Friday's $100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Tampa shippers Atticus Kristy and Around the Cape ran one-two in the $115,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Friday.
Moyglare Stud's Steel Light, sent off as the lukewarm 3-1 favorite, made his Woodbine debut a winning one, taking Sunday's $500,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-II) on Pattison Canadian International Day at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager