Edith Dixon's Smart Enough is the most accomplished horse in a full field of older turf sprinters, and will carry a top weight of 121 pounds in the $125,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 13 at Keeneland.
Dare To Dream Stable's 6-year-old mare Nicole's Dream defeated males in gate to wire fashion to take the first running of the $250,000 Turf Sprint Championship at Calder Race Course on Saturday.
Terra Racing Stable's Marco Be Good, the second-longest shot on the board at 12-1, won the $200,000 Scotts Highlander Stakes (Can-III) on the turf Sunday at Woodbine in near-record style.
This time Man of Illusion had a clean trip. In his first start in this country, the Australian-bred horse had tons of trouble and still was beaten only two lengths in Keeneland's Shakertown (gr. IIIT). Friday, he had clear sailing and won the $116,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Australian-bred Man of Illusion, third most recently in the Shakertown (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland, is the 5-2 morning line favorite in Friday's $100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Tampa shippers Atticus Kristy and Around the Cape ran one-two in the $115,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Friday.
Moyglare Stud's Steel Light, sent off as the lukewarm 3-1 favorite, made his Woodbine debut a winning one, taking Sunday's $500,000 Nearctic Stakes (Can-II) on Pattison Canadian International Day at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online