California Chrome's unsuccessful Triple Crown quest was very good for Belmont Park, which reported record on-track and all-source handle and third-highest attendance of 102,199 on June 7.
Keeneland reported that attendance for Blue Grass Stakes Day, April 14, totaled 40,617, nearly 7,000 above its previous single-day record, and that all-sources wagering on the first 12-race card in history was also a record.
- By Ron Mitchell
Having added four additional days of racing to its lineup in 2004, Virginia's Colonial Downs this week posted all-time total attendance and handle records, and reported a rise in the average daily on-track handle. Track officials noted slight declines from prior years in average daily attendance and in out-of state wagering figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- British Races to Support Small Breeders