California Chrome's unsuccessful Triple Crown quest was very good for Belmont Park, which reported record on-track and all-source handle and third-highest attendance of 102,199 on June 7.
Keeneland reported that attendance for Blue Grass Stakes Day, April 14, totaled 40,617, nearly 7,000 above its previous single-day record, and that all-sources wagering on the first 12-race card in history was also a record.
- By Ron Mitchell
Having added four additional days of racing to its lineup in 2004, Virginia's Colonial Downs this week posted all-time total attendance and handle records, and reported a rise in the average daily on-track handle. Track officials noted slight declines from prior years in average daily attendance and in out-of state wagering figures.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie