California Chrome's unsuccessful Triple Crown quest was very good for Belmont Park, which reported record on-track and all-source handle and third-highest attendance of 102,199 on June 7.
Keeneland reported that attendance for Blue Grass Stakes Day, April 14, totaled 40,617, nearly 7,000 above its previous single-day record, and that all-sources wagering on the first 12-race card in history was also a record.
- By Ron Mitchell
Having added four additional days of racing to its lineup in 2004, Virginia's Colonial Downs this week posted all-time total attendance and handle records, and reported a rise in the average daily on-track handle. Track officials noted slight declines from prior years in average daily attendance and in out-of state wagering figures.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity