California Chrome's unsuccessful Triple Crown quest was very good for Belmont Park, which reported record on-track and all-source handle and third-highest attendance of 102,199 on June 7.
Keeneland reported that attendance for Blue Grass Stakes Day, April 14, totaled 40,617, nearly 7,000 above its previous single-day record, and that all-sources wagering on the first 12-race card in history was also a record.
- By Ron Mitchell
Having added four additional days of racing to its lineup in 2004, Virginia's Colonial Downs this week posted all-time total attendance and handle records, and reported a rise in the average daily on-track handle. Track officials noted slight declines from prior years in average daily attendance and in out-of state wagering figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Pacific Overtures
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate