Ted Atkinson, a Hall of Fame rider whose mounts included 1950s superstar Tom Fool, died May 5 at his home near Beaverdam, Va., following an illness.
Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach, former top jockey Ted Atkinson, trainer Mac Benson, and two-time Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart will be inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame Aug. 29.
Mr. Elusive, one of 77 foals in the first crop by Elusive Quality, became the first winner for that sire when he won Friday at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness