Ted Atkinson, a Hall of Fame rider whose mounts included 1950s superstar Tom Fool, died May 5 at his home near Beaverdam, Va., following an illness.
Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach, former top jockey Ted Atkinson, trainer Mac Benson, and two-time Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart will be inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame Aug. 29.
Mr. Elusive, one of 77 foals in the first crop by Elusive Quality, became the first winner for that sire when he won Friday at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent