Ted Atkinson, a Hall of Fame rider whose mounts included 1950s superstar Tom Fool, died May 5 at his home near Beaverdam, Va., following an illness.
Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach, former top jockey Ted Atkinson, trainer Mac Benson, and two-time Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart will be inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame Aug. 29.
Mr. Elusive, one of 77 foals in the first crop by Elusive Quality, became the first winner for that sire when he won Friday at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset