Kettle Corn isn't likely to be mistaken for a great horse, but on his day, he can be dangerous, as he proved July 27 when defeating Paynter in the San Diego Handicap (gr. II).
Bronze Sea, a filly descended from Seabiscuit, was foaled at Tim and Jacqueline Cooper's American Legend Horse Farm in Northern California on May 23.
At the Threshold, whose son Lil E. Tee won the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) for W. Cal Partee, died March 23 of an apparent stroke at Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine in West Lafayette, Ind.
Racing and breeding news briefs.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation