Kettle Corn isn't likely to be mistaken for a great horse, but on his day, he can be dangerous, as he proved July 27 when defeating Paynter in the San Diego Handicap (gr. II).
Bronze Sea, a filly descended from Seabiscuit, was foaled at Tim and Jacqueline Cooper's American Legend Horse Farm in Northern California on May 23.
At the Threshold, whose son Lil E. Tee won the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) for W. Cal Partee, died March 23 of an apparent stroke at Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine in West Lafayette, Ind.
Racing and breeding news briefs.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses