Kettle Corn isn't likely to be mistaken for a great horse, but on his day, he can be dangerous, as he proved July 27 when defeating Paynter in the San Diego Handicap (gr. II).
Bronze Sea, a filly descended from Seabiscuit, was foaled at Tim and Jacqueline Cooper's American Legend Horse Farm in Northern California on May 23.
At the Threshold, whose son Lil E. Tee won the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) for W. Cal Partee, died March 23 of an apparent stroke at Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine in West Lafayette, Ind.
Racing and breeding news briefs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- KEDRC Makes Cobalt Policy Recommendation
- NBC Sports Commentators on 'Night School'
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- NY Begins Weekly Track Information Reports
- 'Win and You're In' Spot for Ordak Dan
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely