Kettle Corn isn't likely to be mistaken for a great horse, but on his day, he can be dangerous, as he proved July 27 when defeating Paynter in the San Diego Handicap (gr. II).
Bronze Sea, a filly descended from Seabiscuit, was foaled at Tim and Jacqueline Cooper's American Legend Horse Farm in Northern California on May 23.
At the Threshold, whose son Lil E. Tee won the 1992 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) for W. Cal Partee, died March 23 of an apparent stroke at Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine in West Lafayette, Ind.
Racing and breeding news briefs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September