The Thoroughbred Racing Radio's Network's "At the Races and Beyond" program will be moving to SIRIUS Satellite Radio channel 126 on Wednesday, Feb. 14, executive producer and co-host John Perrotta announced Friday.
Jockeys at two racetracks in the Mid-Atlantic region are taking a grassroots approach to representation given what they believe to be ongoing conflict at the Jockeys' Guild, which represents riders around the country.
"At the Races and Beyond," a South Florida AM radio program that boasts 100,000 listeners via it's Web site is about to get bigger...much bigger. Starting Monday, June 20, "At the Races and Beyond" will be broadcast three hours a night nationally on Sirius satellite radio.
A top official at Magna Entertainment Corp. acknowledged the racetrack company's substantial debt but said he sees signs of a turnaround, perhaps sometime in 2006.
The management company that represents jockey Jerry Bailey sent a cease and desist letter to Jockeys' Guild president Dr. Wayne Gertmenian and Guild vice president Albert Fiss Nov. 19. The letter requested they stop accusing Bailey of having played a role in canceling insurance policies that benefited jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint