The Thoroughbred Racing Radio's Network's "At the Races and Beyond" program will be moving to SIRIUS Satellite Radio channel 126 on Wednesday, Feb. 14, executive producer and co-host John Perrotta announced Friday.
- By Tom LaMarra
Jockeys at two racetracks in the Mid-Atlantic region are taking a grassroots approach to representation given what they believe to be ongoing conflict at the Jockeys' Guild, which represents riders around the country.
"At the Races and Beyond," a South Florida AM radio program that boasts 100,000 listeners via it's Web site is about to get bigger...much bigger. Starting Monday, June 20, "At the Races and Beyond" will be broadcast three hours a night nationally on Sirius satellite radio.
- By Tom LaMarra
A top official at Magna Entertainment Corp. acknowledged the racetrack company's substantial debt but said he sees signs of a turnaround, perhaps sometime in 2006.
The management company that represents jockey Jerry Bailey sent a cease and desist letter to Jockeys' Guild president Dr. Wayne Gertmenian and Guild vice president Albert Fiss Nov. 19. The letter requested they stop accusing Bailey of having played a role in canceling insurance policies that benefited jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win