The most impressive performance on the Belmont Stakes card was by a somewhat unheralded New York-bred by the name of Disco Partner.
An ultra-game Get Serious was at it again at Monmouth Park Sept. 5, holding off the charging Nownownow by a neck for a repeat win the $197,500 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the turf before a crowd of 16,017.
Graded stakes victors Get Serious and Nownownow headline a seasoned, seven-horse cast of stakes winners slated to go postward in the Sept. 5 Red Bank Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park.
With six victories on an 11-race card, jockey Eddie Castro equaled a Monmouth Park record before a Father's Day throng of 18,802 at the New Jersey track June 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- John Henry, Phil Marino, and Early Cajun Days
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Kettle Corn Gets First Winner at Belterra
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday