Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- Mubtaahij to Aim for Belmont Stakes
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- New Racing Fantasy Game Focuses on Jockeys
- Officials Optimistic as Monmouth Meet Nears
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Kid Cruz Returning to MD for Pimlico Special