Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth