Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Supreme Court to Consider N.J. Sports Gambling Case
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- Hong Kong Announces Awards Finalists
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board