Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase
- Filly is First Winner for Justenuffhumor