Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout