Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory