Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76