Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC