Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective