Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- Hard Not to Like Seeking CA Score in Gamely
- Summer Hit Aimed for All American Three-Peat