Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates