Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Untapable Breezes at Churchill Downs
- Four-Day OBS Spring Sale Kicks Off April 21
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy
- Dynamic Impact Nabs 'Hawk in Illinois Derby
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland