Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets
- Stellar Wind Striking for Curlin