Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet heads the field as nine 3-year-old fillies have entered for Saturday's grade I Santa Anita Oaks. The connections of Golden Ballet are hopeful that history will repeat itself as six of the last seven Las Virgenes champions have gone on to victories in Santa Anita Oaks. And the only one that didn't -- the Bobby Frankel-conditioned Keeper Hill in 1998 -- settled for a win in the Kentucky Oaks.
While much of the attention has been rightfully focused on Santa Ynez and Las Virgenes Stakes winner Golden Ballet leading into Saturday's Grade I Santa Anita Oaks, the California-bred Moscow Ballet filly hasn't exactly scared anyone out of the 1 1/16-mile event.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Wally's Choice Among Four for Canterbury HOF
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead