Debut winner Moment Is Right is among a field of six juvenile filles set for the $250,000 Astoria Stakes June 4, the first day of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Favored Adieu dueled with Folklore from the break and drew away for a 1 ¼-length victory Sunday afternoon in the $109,500 Astoria for 2-year-old fillies at 5 1/2 furlongs at Belmont Park.
Fifth Avenue will look to remain unbeaten when she takes the gate against nine rivals in Sunday's $100,000 Astoria Stakes, going 5 1/2 furlongs at Belmont Park.
Mike's Wildcat beat Beautiful Treasure by eight lengths Sunday to win the $109,700 Astoria Stakes for two-year-old fillies at Belmont Park. Under Jose Santos, Mike's Wildcat ran away from her seven rivals to the victory.
Damascus Third in Haskell at 3-5 Odds; Dearly Precious Posts Fifth Straight Win
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes