Debut winner Moment Is Right is among a field of six juvenile filles set for the $250,000 Astoria Stakes June 4, the first day of the Belmont Stakes Racing Festival.
Dagnabit won the $107,300 Tremont and Bold Union captured the $109,500 Astoria in a pair of stakes for 2-year-olds at Belmont Stakes June 29.
Favored Adieu dueled with Folklore from the break and drew away for a 1 ¼-length victory Sunday afternoon in the $109,500 Astoria for 2-year-old fillies at 5 1/2 furlongs at Belmont Park.
Fifth Avenue will look to remain unbeaten when she takes the gate against nine rivals in Sunday's $100,000 Astoria Stakes, going 5 1/2 furlongs at Belmont Park.
Mike's Wildcat beat Beautiful Treasure by eight lengths Sunday to win the $109,700 Astoria Stakes for two-year-old fillies at Belmont Park. Under Jose Santos, Mike's Wildcat ran away from her seven rivals to the victory.
Damascus Third in Haskell at 3-5 Odds; Dearly Precious Posts Fifth Straight Win
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand