A son of Trippi, out of the Storm Bird mare Pocket Beauty, Trippi's Storm captured the Kelso Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 29 at Belmont, paving his way to the $2-million NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT).
My Mammy, a runaway Delaware maiden winner in her first and only start, gets tested for class Sunday in the 101st edition of the Astoria for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park. Juvenile colts are also in the spotlight with the 115th running of the Tremont.
Desire to Excel, making her first start since breaking her maiden at first asking back in April, blew away her six rival 2-year-old fillies Sunday to win the $109,500 Astoria by five lengths.
Remarkable News, a 4-year-old Venezuelan-bred trained by Angel Penna Jr., seeks his second stakes win in the $100,000 Poker Handicap (gr. III) Sunday on the turf at Belmont Park.
Favored Adieu dueled with Folklore from the break and drew away for a 1 ¼-length victory Sunday afternoon in the $109,500 Astoria for 2-year-old fillies at 5 1/2 furlongs at Belmont Park.
Damascus Third in Haskell at 3-5 Odds; Dearly Precious Posts Fifth Straight Win
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti