A son of Trippi, out of the Storm Bird mare Pocket Beauty, Trippi's Storm captured the Kelso Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 29 at Belmont, paving his way to the $2-million NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT).
My Mammy, a runaway Delaware maiden winner in her first and only start, gets tested for class Sunday in the 101st edition of the Astoria for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park. Juvenile colts are also in the spotlight with the 115th running of the Tremont.
Desire to Excel, making her first start since breaking her maiden at first asking back in April, blew away her six rival 2-year-old fillies Sunday to win the $109,500 Astoria by five lengths.
Remarkable News, a 4-year-old Venezuelan-bred trained by Angel Penna Jr., seeks his second stakes win in the $100,000 Poker Handicap (gr. III) Sunday on the turf at Belmont Park.
Favored Adieu dueled with Folklore from the break and drew away for a 1 ¼-length victory Sunday afternoon in the $109,500 Astoria for 2-year-old fillies at 5 1/2 furlongs at Belmont Park.
Damascus Third in Haskell at 3-5 Odds; Dearly Precious Posts Fifth Straight Win
Most Popular Stories
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- IFHA Releases List of Top 100 Group I Races
- 145 Cataloged for Tattersalls Breeze-Up Sale
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- Two Share Fastest Furlong Time at F-T Show
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing