A son of Trippi, out of the Storm Bird mare Pocket Beauty, Trippi's Storm captured the Kelso Handicap (gr. IIT) Sept. 29 at Belmont, paving his way to the $2-million NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT).
My Mammy, a runaway Delaware maiden winner in her first and only start, gets tested for class Sunday in the 101st edition of the Astoria for 2-year-old fillies at Belmont Park. Juvenile colts are also in the spotlight with the 115th running of the Tremont.
Desire to Excel, making her first start since breaking her maiden at first asking back in April, blew away her six rival 2-year-old fillies Sunday to win the $109,500 Astoria by five lengths.
Remarkable News, a 4-year-old Venezuelan-bred trained by Angel Penna Jr., seeks his second stakes win in the $100,000 Poker Handicap (gr. III) Sunday on the turf at Belmont Park.
Favored Adieu dueled with Folklore from the break and drew away for a 1 ¼-length victory Sunday afternoon in the $109,500 Astoria for 2-year-old fillies at 5 1/2 furlongs at Belmont Park.
Damascus Third in Haskell at 3-5 Odds; Dearly Precious Posts Fifth Straight Win
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding