Favored Sensation, ridden by Eibar Coa, broke open a close race coming off the turn and drew away to an easy victory over an inexperienced group of juvenile fillies Sunday in the $108,400-added Astarita (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
The Todd-Pletcher-trained Unobstructed View is part of an inexperienced Astarita (gr. III) field and the blue-blooded Dr. Pleasure headlines the Cowdin in a pair of 6 1/2-furlong juvenile stakes at Belmont Park Sunday.
Flaunting her speed while shrugging off all pace challengers, Smokey Glacken was a convincing winner in her first two career starts. Yet her lone defeat, a third-place finish in Belmont Park's Astarita (gr. II), may have been her best effort to date.
Undefeated in a pair of starts, the fleet-footed Smokey Glacken puts her unblemished record on the line in Sunday's $150,000 Astarita (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Nine 2-year-old fillies were entered in the 6 ½-furlong sprint.
Sky Mesa returned to the track on schedule Wednesday, five days after bruising a hoof while finishing last in the Travers (gr. I).
Humorous Lady, Boston Bull find the slop to their liking in Astarita, Cowdin.
On Sunday, Harford Ghost makes her second start and stakes debut in the Astarita. Seven juvenile fillies were entered.
Kenneth Taylor's Xtra Heat handed Gold Mover her first career defeat, winning the $110,100 Atarita Stakes (gr. II) by a neck Sunday at Belmont Park. Under Mark Johnston, the John E. Salzman-trained Xtra Heat completed the 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:16.71 on a fast track.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction