New York racing regulators Jan. 20 released a set of proposed sweeping equine drug and recordkeeping rules that arose from the state's investigation into allegations made by PETA against trainer Steve Asmussen in 2013.
As exchange wagering edges closer to its American debut, regulators will have to deal with many makeovers of existing laws. According to a panel appearing before legislators June 18, it will change everything.
Association of Racing Commissioners International president Ed Martin said April 23 a wagering system foul up April 22 poisoned wagering pools in five states affecting bettors across the country.
- By Ryan Conley
Relevant players speak out on California "quick-picks" wagering situation.
Frank Zanzuccki was elected chairman-elect of the Association of Racing Commissioners International at its convention Saturday in Seattle.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand