New York racing regulators Jan. 20 released a set of proposed sweeping equine drug and recordkeeping rules that arose from the state's investigation into allegations made by PETA against trainer Steve Asmussen in 2013.
As exchange wagering edges closer to its American debut, regulators will have to deal with many makeovers of existing laws. According to a panel appearing before legislators June 18, it will change everything.
Association of Racing Commissioners International president Ed Martin said April 23 a wagering system foul up April 22 poisoned wagering pools in five states affecting bettors across the country.
- By Ryan Conley
Relevant players speak out on California "quick-picks" wagering situation.
Frank Zanzuccki was elected chairman-elect of the Association of Racing Commissioners International at its convention Saturday in Seattle.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate