All proceeds generated as a result of Xpressbet customers wagering on Assiniboia Downs on the Saturday, July 18, card, will be donated by the online betting company to the trust of injured jockey Alyssa Selman.
Jockey Alyssa Selman is slowly recovering from back surgery after she was seriously injured in a racing accident June 27 at Assiniboia Downs in Canada.
Because of a lack of entries, live racing at Assiniboia Downs has been canceled for Friday, May 9.
The Jockey Club of Canada's Graded Stakes Committee held its annual review of the graded and listed stakes in Canada and while the number of graded stakes in Canada remains unchanged at 43 there is one notable downgrade.
Assiniboia Downs ended its 60-day season of live racing Sunday, Sept. 22 with a 6.74% increase in wagering by bettors outside of the province.
A Hi Five became the first winner for his sire Andiron, when he won race 2, a maiden special weight event at Manitoba's Assiniboia Downs Sept. 18.
Emerald Downs will become the first Thoroughbred track in the United States to conduct common pool pari-mutuel wagering with Canada on Thursday evening.
The live racing season ends Sunday at Monmouth Park near Oceanport, N.J., and at Assiniboia Downs in Winnipeg, but as those parks prepare to lay low for the winter, Hawthorne, Oak Tree, and Turf Paradise are gearing up for openings this weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt