Because of a lack of entries, live racing at Assiniboia Downs has been canceled for Friday, May 9.
The Jockey Club of Canada's Graded Stakes Committee held its annual review of the graded and listed stakes in Canada and while the number of graded stakes in Canada remains unchanged at 43 there is one notable downgrade.
Assiniboia Downs ended its 60-day season of live racing Sunday, Sept. 22 with a 6.74% increase in wagering by bettors outside of the province.
A Hi Five became the first winner for his sire Andiron, when he won race 2, a maiden special weight event at Manitoba's Assiniboia Downs Sept. 18.
Emerald Downs will become the first Thoroughbred track in the United States to conduct common pool pari-mutuel wagering with Canada on Thursday evening.
The live racing season ends Sunday at Monmouth Park near Oceanport, N.J., and at Assiniboia Downs in Winnipeg, but as those parks prepare to lay low for the winter, Hawthorne, Oak Tree, and Turf Paradise are gearing up for openings this weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Euro Exchange Tops Finale at OBS Winter Sale
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Majestic Affair, Lindisfarne Win at Laurel
- Upstart is Uplifting for Joanne Nielsen
- 82 Supplements to F-T Winter Mixed Sale
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- New Zealand Yearling Sale Continues Strong