A Kentucky legislator plans to pre-file a bill for 2009 that would provide dedicated funding for the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority and create a new fund to supplement purses for all breeds at Kentucky racetracks.
Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear has vetoed a provision in the state General Assembly's $19-billion budget that would keep smaller racetracks in the state from paying a daily assessment to support Kentucky Horse Racing Authority operations. Legislators on April 15 took no action to override the veto as the General Assembly session came to a close.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase