Asserting Bear and Matador, two tested Ontario-breds will take on the solid duo of Harpoon and Vinceremos from the barn of Todd Pletcher in the $250,000 Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 1 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Asserting Bear, shifted from turf to Polytrack for the first time by trainer Reade Baker, surprised the field with his initial stakes win in the $239,476 Coronation Futurity for 2-year-olds Nov. 17 at Woodbine.
Grey Stakes (Can-III) winner Ami's Holiday will attempt to keep his record unblemished in the $250,000 Coronation Futurity Nov. 17 at Woodbine, a race likely to decide the division title for Canadian-bred 2-year-olds.
Matador battled Cool Faith the entire length of the Woodbine turf course stretch in the $244,192 Cup and Saucer Stakes to prevail by a nose in a terrific finish between a couple of determined 2-year-olds Oct. 20.
Fourteen 2-year-olds, each in search of a first stakes win, are expected to crowd the starting gate for the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes Oct. 20 over the Woodbine turf.
Woodbine leading trainer Mark Casse sends out a trio of juveniles for the $200,000 Summer Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIT) Sept. 14 at the Ontario oval.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Maryland-Based Owner Arnold Heft Dies at 94
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76