Eighty-two Texas-breds were entered for Saturday's fifth annual Stars of Texas card at Lone Star Park. Dual stakes winner Goosey Moose was made the mild 3-1 morning line favorite for the $125,000 Assault Stakes, the centerpiece of six stakes events on the 10-race program.
Lone Star Park has added a pair of $50,000 stakes for 2-year-old Texas-breds to its 2004 stakes schedule. The $50,000 Mocha Express for colts and geldings and $50,000 Honeysuckle Rose for fillies will both be run at 6 1/2 furlongs on Oct. 23, which is billed as "Stars of Texas Day."
One week after finishing eighth of 10 in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup, multiple stakes winner Rare Cure wheeled back to win Saturday's $100,000 Assault Stakes by three-quarters of a length over Agrivating General in front of 8,386 fans at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million