Eighty-two Texas-breds were entered for Saturday's fifth annual Stars of Texas card at Lone Star Park. Dual stakes winner Goosey Moose was made the mild 3-1 morning line favorite for the $125,000 Assault Stakes, the centerpiece of six stakes events on the 10-race program.
Lone Star Park has added a pair of $50,000 stakes for 2-year-old Texas-breds to its 2004 stakes schedule. The $50,000 Mocha Express for colts and geldings and $50,000 Honeysuckle Rose for fillies will both be run at 6 1/2 furlongs on Oct. 23, which is billed as "Stars of Texas Day."
One week after finishing eighth of 10 in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup, multiple stakes winner Rare Cure wheeled back to win Saturday's $100,000 Assault Stakes by three-quarters of a length over Agrivating General in front of 8,386 fans at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby