Eighty-two Texas-breds were entered for Saturday's fifth annual Stars of Texas card at Lone Star Park. Dual stakes winner Goosey Moose was made the mild 3-1 morning line favorite for the $125,000 Assault Stakes, the centerpiece of six stakes events on the 10-race program.
Lone Star Park has added a pair of $50,000 stakes for 2-year-old Texas-breds to its 2004 stakes schedule. The $50,000 Mocha Express for colts and geldings and $50,000 Honeysuckle Rose for fillies will both be run at 6 1/2 furlongs on Oct. 23, which is billed as "Stars of Texas Day."
One week after finishing eighth of 10 in the $250,000 Dallas Turf Cup, multiple stakes winner Rare Cure wheeled back to win Saturday's $100,000 Assault Stakes by three-quarters of a length over Agrivating General in front of 8,386 fans at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale