Trainer Juan Vazquez is slowly running out of Mid-Atlantic tracks at which to run his horses after Delaware Park informed the trainer he is no longer welcome to race at the track.
Click on a Triple Crown winner to read from the historical pages of Blood-Horse. View Interactive
Relive the exciting campaigns of all the Triple Crown champions with photos, retrospectives, and on-site accounts of their Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victories from the pages of The Blood-Horse. View Interactive
- By Frank Angst
- Racing, Triple Crown, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic
If California Chrome wins the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 7 at Belmont Park, he would become the first California-bred Triple Crown winner and just the fourth horse bred outside of Kentucky to sweep the three classics.
Honoring the eleven horses who have captured the Triple Crown. View Slideshow
A historical comparison of Kentucky Derby winners foaled in Kentucky with those foaled outside the Bluegrass State suggests that they win additional Triple Crown races at an identical rate.
Steve Haskin and Lenny Shulman discuss throwback horses after Comma to the Top's recent efforts, Salix in the Breeders' Cup, Vyjack, and recent events. watch video
A Jefferson District Court jury found jockey Robby Albarado guilty of fourth-degree assault July 12 after hearing evidence about an incident involving a former girlfriend, Carolina Martinez.
W.C. Heinz, whose account of the breakdown of Triple Crown winner Assault's full brother became a racing classic, died Feb. 27 in Bennington, Vt.
April 9, 1946
In the seventh of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, here is an excerpt from The Blood-Horse issue of June 8, 1946 on Assault winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Top Sprinter Secret Circle Retired to Stud
- First Winner Lands for Sire General Quarters
- Top Sanford Runners Meet Again in Hopeful
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- La Jolla Rivals Challenge Prospect Park Again
- Prize Exhibit Takes on Older in Yellow Ribbon
- Stronach Group Still Interested in Suffolk
- Barretts Sets 2016 Del Mar Sales Dates