Steve Haskin and Lenny Shulman discuss throwback horses after Comma to the Top's recent efforts, Salix in the Breeders' Cup, Vyjack, and recent events. watch video
A Jefferson District Court jury found jockey Robby Albarado guilty of fourth-degree assault July 12 after hearing evidence about an incident involving a former girlfriend, Carolina Martinez.
W.C. Heinz, whose account of the breakdown of Triple Crown winner Assault's full brother became a racing classic, died Feb. 27 in Bennington, Vt.
April 9, 1946
In the seventh of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, here is an excerpt from The Blood-Horse issue of June 8, 1946 on Assault winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top