Steve Haskin and Lenny Shulman discuss throwback horses after Comma to the Top's recent efforts, Salix in the Breeders' Cup, Vyjack, and recent events. watch video
A Jefferson District Court jury found jockey Robby Albarado guilty of fourth-degree assault July 12 after hearing evidence about an incident involving a former girlfriend, Carolina Martinez.
W.C. Heinz, whose account of the breakdown of Triple Crown winner Assault's full brother became a racing classic, died Feb. 27 in Bennington, Vt.
April 9, 1946
In the seventh of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, here is an excerpt from The Blood-Horse issue of June 8, 1946 on Assault winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Retro Rebel: Smarty Jones Wowed in 2004
- Louisiana Bills to Reduce Dates, Slots Money
- Turfway to Boost Purses With KTDF Supplements
- Gulfstream Uses Graded Stakes Testing Fund
- Dixiana to Sponsor Two Keeneland Stakes
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 3/11/2014
- Jezki Wins Cheltenham's Champion Hurdle
- Downey: Derby Trail, Where They're Going Next
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale