Canadian invader Kimberlite Pipe went gate-to-wire Saturday to capture the $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne by a half-length.
Although no stakes events are scheduled for Wednesday at Saratoga, the 10-race card will still feature top-quality racing. Headlining the Wednesday card is the eighth race, a third-level allowance at 1 1/16-miles on the Mellon (outer) Turf course. A field of six older horses is expected to contest the race.
Godolphin Racing proved at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse on Thursday that it will be a force in 2001 after dominating a program with three 1-2-3 finishes, including a sweep of the inaugural US$200,000 Moonshell Mile. Also on display on the card were five 3-year-olds nominated to the U.S. Visa Triple Crown series.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees