Canadian invader Kimberlite Pipe went gate-to-wire Saturday to capture the $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne by a half-length.
Although no stakes events are scheduled for Wednesday at Saratoga, the 10-race card will still feature top-quality racing. Headlining the Wednesday card is the eighth race, a third-level allowance at 1 1/16-miles on the Mellon (outer) Turf course. A field of six older horses is expected to contest the race.
Godolphin Racing proved at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse on Thursday that it will be a force in 2001 after dominating a program with three 1-2-3 finishes, including a sweep of the inaugural US$200,000 Moonshell Mile. Also on display on the card were five 3-year-olds nominated to the U.S. Visa Triple Crown series.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Fast and Accurate Works Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Kitasan Black Dominates in Tenno Sho
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work