Canadian invader Kimberlite Pipe went gate-to-wire Saturday to capture the $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne by a half-length.
Although no stakes events are scheduled for Wednesday at Saratoga, the 10-race card will still feature top-quality racing. Headlining the Wednesday card is the eighth race, a third-level allowance at 1 1/16-miles on the Mellon (outer) Turf course. A field of six older horses is expected to contest the race.
Godolphin Racing proved at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse on Thursday that it will be a force in 2001 after dominating a program with three 1-2-3 finishes, including a sweep of the inaugural US$200,000 Moonshell Mile. Also on display on the card were five 3-year-olds nominated to the U.S. Visa Triple Crown series.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis