Canadian invader Kimberlite Pipe went gate-to-wire Saturday to capture the $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. III) at Hawthorne by a half-length.
Although no stakes events are scheduled for Wednesday at Saratoga, the 10-race card will still feature top-quality racing. Headlining the Wednesday card is the eighth race, a third-level allowance at 1 1/16-miles on the Mellon (outer) Turf course. A field of six older horses is expected to contest the race.
Godolphin Racing proved at Nad Al Sheba Racecourse on Thursday that it will be a force in 2001 after dominating a program with three 1-2-3 finishes, including a sweep of the inaugural US$200,000 Moonshell Mile. Also on display on the card were five 3-year-olds nominated to the U.S. Visa Triple Crown series.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Raven Run Winner Taris to F-T November
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'