Trainer Tim Hills; New England-bred champion Ask Queenie and her owner/breeder Lloyd Lockhart; jockey Leroy Moyers; and publicity director Bob Varey are the newly-elected members of the New England Turf Writers Hall of Fame.
Massachusetts-based superstar mare Ask Queenie has been retired after an eight-year career. In recognition of her outstanding achievements, Suffolk Downs will salute A
Bodgiteer was the recipient of the 2006 James B. Moseley Horse of the Year award and was additionally named top older male by the New England Turf Writers Association at its 65th Annual Awards Dinner at the Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers, Mass., July 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age