Leading distaff runner Azeri will attempt to win her fourth straight grade I race in the $250,000 Vanity Handicap on June 22 at Hollywood Park.
The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's Azeri has only raced seven times, but the 4-year-old daughter of Jade Hunter has built a solid resume, winning six of those races including Saturday's decisive win in the $211,400 Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Jockey Chris McCarron will attempt to win the $100,000 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) for a sixth consecutive renewal on Saturday at Hollywood Park. McCarron will guide co-favored Ask Me No Secrets in the 1 1/16-mile main track feature for fillies and mares.
Earl H. Shultz homebred Ask Me No Secrets set a moderate pace then kicked clear in the stretch to win Saturday's $200,000 Oaklawn Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 4 1/2 lengths. Under Mike Smith, the 4-year-old daughter of Seattle Slew completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:44.56 on a fast track.
Forget the Derby contenders or the handicap warriors. Perhaps the hottest horse in the country is Summer Colony. The 4-year-old filly knocked out her sixth straight win--and the biggest one to date--in the $200,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) on Feb. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start