Megahertz, the mighty mare with a dazzling come-from-behind style, seeks to win the $200,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park Sunday for an unprecedented third consecutive year.
Juddmonte Farms' Intercontinental, winner of the Nov. 28 Matriarch (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park in her last start of 2004, is scheduled to make her 2005 debut for trainer Bobby Fankel in Monday's $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Trainer Bobby Frankel, just three wins short of 800 career victories at Santa Anita Park, saddles horses in both the $150,000 San Pasqual Handicap (gr. II) and the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday.
Ask for the Moon, Lucifer's Stone, Sister Star and Super Bobbina have declined invitations to the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) July 3, Hollywood Park Racing secretary Martin Panza said Wednesday.
Dance in the Mood and Ask for the Moon, group I winners from Japan and France, respectively, head a list of 14 fillies invited to contest the third running of the $750,000 American Oaks at Hollywood Park (gr. IT) on July 3.
Ask For The Moon outlasted Asti by a neck in a blanket finish to the Prix Saint-Alary (Fr-I) for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut