Asian Racing Conference has drawn 800 racing officials, administrators, and executives to Hong Kong, with IFHA executive council a newcomer at global forum. read blog
Previewing the first 2-year-old race of the season at Keeneland, and updating workouts. read blog
The Hong Kong Jockey Club reported an increase in wagering for the racing season that ended July 15.
New Zealand Bloodstock (NZB) will open new office in Asia -- New Zealand Bloodstock Asia -- that will be headed up by New Zealand Bloodstock representative Michael Kneebone. Based in Singapore, Kneebone will provide New Zealand Bloodstock's full range of bloodstock services in the region.
- By Tom LaMarra
Handle during the multi-faceted Hong Kong Jockey Club racing season topped the HK$100-billion mark for the first time in 2006-07, but officials said there's still much work to be done.
A group of Kentuckians has joined with the government of Mongolia to create a Thoroughbred breeding and racing industry from the ground up in that Asian nation, and the first building blocks for that venture are already in place.
Win City will try to extend his winning streak to four in a row on Sunday when he takes on nine challengers, including the filly Dancethruthedawn, in the $1 million Queen's Plate at Woodbine Racetrack.
Trainer James Bond informed Woodbine officials that 3-year-old Wild Years will pass on Sunday's Queen's Plate, apparently due to the colt's problems with the gate.
Calling a fatal incident of Japanese encephalitis an "isolated incident," an official with the Hong Kong Jockey Club said its international racing festival on Dec. 17 will go on as scheduled and that it will be "business as usual" for one of the world's most successful Thoroughbred operations.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos