Speedy frontrunners set the $100,000 James Marvin Stakes (gr. III) up perfectly for Michael Dubb and Gary Aisquith's Sage Valley, who closed from off the pace to take the 7-furlong sprint July 19 at Saratoga Race Course.
Running for the first time in 2013, Michael Dubb's Sage Valley earned his fourth straight victory when he took the $150,000 Maryland Sprint Handicap (gr. III) at Pimlico Race Course May 18.
The Ohio Thoroughbred racing and breeding industry has taken serious hits in recent years because of competition for the gambling dollar, but there should be a bright spot Oct. 4 when one of the strongest Best of Ohio championship programs in recent memory is offered at Beulah Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3