Godolphin Racing's East Coast invader, Ashkal Way, given a patient ride by Garrett Gomez, seized the lead mid-stretch en route to his third successive graded stakes victory in the $400,000 Citation Handicap (gr. IT) on the Hollywood Park turf course Friday.
Godolphin Stable's Ashkal Way bowed his neck in deep stretch and got the best of Free Thinking in the final jumps to win the $250,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Belmont Park turf Saturday.
Ashkal Way, part of a heavily favored Godolphin Stable entry, closed with authority to get back on the winning track in the $200,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday on the Saratoga Mellon Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby