Songbird, as if she wanted to toy with onlookers and viewers across the nation to build the drama, took Carina Mia's best shot during the final turn in the Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), but was still able to win in her signature fashion.
Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) winner Weep No More delivers consistency in her workouts, which is just fine with trainer Rusty Arnold.
Ashbrook Farm's 30-1 longshot Weep No More spoiled the party April 9 in the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
A field of 10 fillies and mares is set for the $100,000 Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) May 25 at Churchill Downs.
Ashbrook Farm's Southern Honey, runner-up in the Thoroughbred Club of America (gr. II) at Keeneland, will be pre-entered Monday, Oct. 20, in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint (gr. I) to be run at Santa Anita.
Last at the sixteenth pole, Reb unleashed a furious drive under jockey Julien Leparoux to nail No Inflation at the wire to win Arlington Park's $300,000 American Derby by a head in his stakes debut July 11.
Wicked Style may have been light on experience heading into the $198,500 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) but the 2-year-old showed plenty of grit, fighting back after being overtaken in the stretch to defeat Riley Tucker by a head at Arlington Park Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady