Lael Stables' homebred No Dozing, who has four graded stakes starts under his belt, holds the class edge in Keeneland's Stonestreet Lexington Stakes (G3) April 15. The 1 1/16-mile race for sophomores is worth $200,000.
Ashbrook Farm's Weep No More, winner of the 2016 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (G1), has returned to training with designs on making her seasonal debut during the Churchill Downs spring meet, her conditioner Rusty Arnold said March 8.
Songbird, as if she wanted to toy with onlookers and viewers across the nation to build the drama, took Carina Mia's best shot during the final turn in the Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I), but was still able to win in her signature fashion.
Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) winner Weep No More delivers consistency in her workouts, which is just fine with trainer Rusty Arnold.
Ashbrook Farm's 30-1 longshot Weep No More spoiled the party April 9 in the $500,000 Central Bank Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
A field of 10 fillies and mares is set for the $100,000 Winning Colors Stakes (gr. III) May 25 at Churchill Downs.
Ashbrook Farm's Southern Honey, runner-up in the Thoroughbred Club of America (gr. II) at Keeneland, will be pre-entered Monday, Oct. 20, in the $1 million Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Sprint (gr. I) to be run at Santa Anita.
Last at the sixteenth pole, Reb unleashed a furious drive under jockey Julien Leparoux to nail No Inflation at the wire to win Arlington Park's $300,000 American Derby by a head in his stakes debut July 11.
Wicked Style may have been light on experience heading into the $198,500 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) but the 2-year-old showed plenty of grit, fighting back after being overtaken in the stretch to defeat Riley Tucker by a head at Arlington Park Sept. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint