Shrinking Violet, a bargain buy for owner/trainer Wesley Ward making her initial start at Santa Anita Park, scored a 10-1 upset in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the hillside turf course Jan. 4.
Closing day of Tattersalls' elite Book 1 sale Oct. 9 saw the highest cumulative aggregate in the history of a European Thoroughbred auction, and a Galileo colt sold for the highest price for a yearling in the world this year.
Trainer Ralph Beckett enjoyed a one-two finish in the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) May 31 when his lightly regarded Talent closed furiously from near last to deny stablemate Secret Gesture in a 20-1 upset.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin