Shrinking Violet, a bargain buy for owner/trainer Wesley Ward making her initial start at Santa Anita Park, scored a 10-1 upset in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the hillside turf course Jan. 4.
Closing day of Tattersalls' elite Book 1 sale Oct. 9 saw the highest cumulative aggregate in the history of a European Thoroughbred auction, and a Galileo colt sold for the highest price for a yearling in the world this year.
Trainer Ralph Beckett enjoyed a one-two finish in the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) May 31 when his lightly regarded Talent closed furiously from near last to deny stablemate Secret Gesture in a 20-1 upset.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC