Shrinking Violet, a bargain buy for owner/trainer Wesley Ward making her initial start at Santa Anita Park, scored a 10-1 upset in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the hillside turf course Jan. 4.
Closing day of Tattersalls' elite Book 1 sale Oct. 9 saw the highest cumulative aggregate in the history of a European Thoroughbred auction, and a Galileo colt sold for the highest price for a yearling in the world this year.
Trainer Ralph Beckett enjoyed a one-two finish in the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) May 31 when his lightly regarded Talent closed furiously from near last to deny stablemate Secret Gesture in a 20-1 upset.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al