Shrinking Violet, a bargain buy for owner/trainer Wesley Ward making her initial start at Santa Anita Park, scored a 10-1 upset in the $200,000 Monrovia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the hillside turf course Jan. 4.
Closing day of Tattersalls' elite Book 1 sale Oct. 9 saw the highest cumulative aggregate in the history of a European Thoroughbred auction, and a Galileo colt sold for the highest price for a yearling in the world this year.
Trainer Ralph Beckett enjoyed a one-two finish in the Investec Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) May 31 when his lightly regarded Talent closed furiously from near last to deny stablemate Secret Gesture in a 20-1 upset.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity