Ascot Knight, one of Canada's top stallions for a number of years, was euthanized Feb. 8 due to declining health. He was 24. He had been pensioned from stallion duty in January at the Taylor family's Windfields Farm near Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. In 2007, he covered 13 mares. He is buried in the cemetery with such farm greats as Windfields, Northern Dancer, and Vice Regent.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn