Glen Hill Farm's hard-knocking Marketing Mix will take on eight top fillies and mares from America and Europe in the $750,000 Beverly D Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 17 at Arlington Park.
Shadwell Farm's 4-year-old homebred filly Ausus snapped a four-race losing streak and earned her first black-type victory when she charged to the front in the stretch and pulled away to a 2 1/4-length advantage.
Eight fillies and mares will take to the Arlington Park turf July 13 for the $200,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT). Graded stakes winners and maiden winners alike will contest the 1 3/16-mile turf trial.
A resolute Ice Cream Silence withstood pace pressure throughout to prevail by a neck over Sisterhood for jockey Rosie Napravnik in the Hilliard Lyons Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland April 19.
Donver Stable's Inglorious, winner of the 2011 Queen's Plate against males, heads a field of eight entered for the $100,000 Hilliard Lyons Doubledogdare Stakes (gr. III) April 19 at Keeneland.
Trainer Mike Maker was represented by his 1,000th career winner March 16 when Magical Season won the third race at Fair Grounds.
James Miller's Daisy Devine will make her 2013 debut in the $75,000 Marie G. Krantz Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Jan. 26, and she's ready to roll despite a one-week postponement of the race.
Frank L. Jones Jr's Tapitsfly, who has started four times this year in graded events and has won or placed in all of them, will carry top weight of 121 pounds in the Early Times Mint Julep Handicap at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6