The euphoria after the Keeneland September yearling sale posted gains of almost 30% in gross and average apparently hasn't carried over to the Standardbred business. Numbers for the recent Tattersalls select yearling sale at The Red Mile in Lexington actually were fairly strong, but industry leaders indicated the storm clouds haven't blown away.
As Central Kentucky breeders and owners prepare for the "ripple effect" from mare reproductive loss syndrome, Kentucky legislators are in the process of gathering information to assess the damage. Meanwhile, a state equine emergency management plan is in the works.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Sire de Grugy in Cheltenham 'Feel Good' Story
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day
- Encaustic Sires First Three Foals
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Special Post Time for Aqueduct on Wood Day
- New Vocations Announces 2014 Ambassadors
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- What's Going On Here: Dude the Redeemer