Three-time grade I winner Flat Out has been retired, owner Art Preston confirmed. Stallion plans are pending.
A companion to the 'Art In Motion' feature in the September 28 issue of The Blood-Horse, this slideshow provides a look at the career of owner Art Preston. View Slideshow
Flat Out returned to the scene of his most recent triumph Sept. 29--almost a year ago to the day--and won the $1 million TVG Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) at Belmont Park for the second time in a row.
Flat Out, a two-time graded stakes winner this year, will run in the $500,000 Clark Handicap (gr. I) his connections said Nov. 16.
There is little mistake about the Prestons' impact on Thoroughbred racing. Along with their late brother J. R., the Prestons raced Victory Gallop to win the 1998 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), denying Real Quiet the Triple Crown. read blog
Birdrun defeated Duke of Mischief by 4 1/2 lengths to win the $150,000 Carl Rose Classic Handicap, the finale of Calder Casino & Race Course's eight-race Florida Million for Florida-bred horses Nov. 13.
The nice thing about Flat Out's win in the Smarty Jones Stakes at Oaklawn Park Jan. 19 is the colt did not look like he was "all out." He blew by the leaders and coasted home to the second victory in his short career.
The Apple Blossom Stakes (gr. I) winner will be bred to A.P. Indy this year.
Art Preston of Prestonwood Farm has purchased a half-interest in Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) contender Shesastonecoldfox from Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's Langpap Stables, who also bred the filly. Preston attempted to purchase the filly outright over the weekend, but a disagreement over the deadline to complete the deal caused it to fall through.
Most Popular Stories
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite