After trailing the field of eight through a half-mile, Thomas Conway's General Jumbo rallied four-wide and then held off a determined Fri Guy to win the Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. III) by a half-length in Kentucky Downs' 1 1/2-mile feature event Sept. 22.
Trainer John Sadler on Wednesday welcomed 15 horses to his Hollywood Park stable from veteran owner Edmund Gann, who transferred them from Bobby Frankel after an alliance of more than 30 years.
Pacesetting Vespone, ridden by Christophe Lemaire, was never seriously challenged in comfortably winning Sunday's Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly by three lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces