After trailing the field of eight through a half-mile, Thomas Conway's General Jumbo rallied four-wide and then held off a determined Fri Guy to win the Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. III) by a half-length in Kentucky Downs' 1 1/2-mile feature event Sept. 22.
Trainer John Sadler on Wednesday welcomed 15 horses to his Hollywood Park stable from veteran owner Edmund Gann, who transferred them from Bobby Frankel after an alliance of more than 30 years.
Pacesetting Vespone, ridden by Christophe Lemaire, was never seriously challenged in comfortably winning Sunday's Prix Jean Prat (Fr-I) at Chantilly by three lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen