Pick Six Racing's Vyjack was declared ready for $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) to be run April 6 after breezing March 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack. Other key contenders also were on the tab in New York and Florida.
Elghayoor continued her upward ascent at snowy Aqueduct Racetrack March 16, collaring heavily favored Highestmaintenance in deep stretch to post a half-length victory in the $100,000 Cicada, her second straight stakes win.
Alpha, who missed last month's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) after developing a fever the week before the race, continues to train forwardly for a return to competition.
Godolphin Racing's Alpha, 12th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands, returned to the track at Belmont Park May 11 and is under consideration for the Belmont Stakes.
Edward Seltzer's Wow Me Free started slowly and trailed the field around the first turn, but the poor start did little to deter the daughter of Menifee, as she took over in mid-stretch and powered to a convincing 3 -length victory in the $104,400 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) March 29 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale