Shadwell Stable's homebred Mamdooha shrugged off a nearly year-long layoff to win her fifth straight race and fourth straight stakes in the $100,000 Correction Stakes March 14 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Zayat Stables' El Kabeir came out of his convincing win in the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) in fine fettle and will be aimed for the $1 million Twinspires.com Wood Memorial (gr. I) April 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Mamdooha got her nose down on the wire after a ferocious battle with Vero Amore through the final yards to take the $98,000 Ruthless Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack and earn her third straight victory.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack was declared ready for $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) to be run April 6 after breezing March 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack. Other key contenders also were on the tab in New York and Florida.
Elghayoor continued her upward ascent at snowy Aqueduct Racetrack March 16, collaring heavily favored Highestmaintenance in deep stretch to post a half-length victory in the $100,000 Cicada, her second straight stakes win.
Alpha, who missed last month's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) after developing a fever the week before the race, continues to train forwardly for a return to competition.
Godolphin Racing's Alpha, 12th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands, returned to the track at Belmont Park May 11 and is under consideration for the Belmont Stakes.
Edward Seltzer's Wow Me Free started slowly and trailed the field around the first turn, but the poor start did little to deter the daughter of Menifee, as she took over in mid-stretch and powered to a convincing 3 -length victory in the $104,400 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) March 29 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot