Mamdooha got her nose down on the wire after a ferocious battle with Vero Amore through the final yards to take the $98,000 Ruthless Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack and earn her third straight victory.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack was declared ready for $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) to be run April 6 after breezing March 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack. Other key contenders also were on the tab in New York and Florida.
Elghayoor continued her upward ascent at snowy Aqueduct Racetrack March 16, collaring heavily favored Highestmaintenance in deep stretch to post a half-length victory in the $100,000 Cicada, her second straight stakes win.
Alpha, who missed last month's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) after developing a fever the week before the race, continues to train forwardly for a return to competition.
Godolphin Racing's Alpha, 12th in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands, returned to the track at Belmont Park May 11 and is under consideration for the Belmont Stakes.
Edward Seltzer's Wow Me Free started slowly and trailed the field around the first turn, but the poor start did little to deter the daughter of Menifee, as she took over in mid-stretch and powered to a convincing 3 -length victory in the $104,400 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) March 29 at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015