by Erin Nuckols - In 1986, Art Gray watched one of his closest friends -- driver William "Billy" Haughton -- die due to injuries suffered in a harness racing collision at Yonkers Raceway. The accident happened about two months after another driver, Dave Dunckley, was killed at Roosevelt Raceway in a similar type of accident.
- By Tom LaMarra
New Mexico became the second state to adopt a "safety reins" rule when the New Mexico Racing Commission approved the measure Aug. 21. The Ohio State Racing Commission adopted a similar rule in March.
- By Esther Marr
The Ohio State Racing Commission has approved rules that require all horses to be equipped with safety reins. The rules take effect in July 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- What's Going On Here: It Ain't All Flowers
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- 360 Cataloged for Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses