A rejuvenated Campanologist scored his second straight group I victory with a decisive win in the $412,129 Gran Premio Jockey Club Italiano (Ity-I) at San Siro Oct. 16.
By Dan Arrigo -- When I became involved in Thoroughbred racing in the 1950s, it was a sport of numbers. Now, it seems to be more of a business of numbers than a sport, but most racing fans still spend more time looking at the figures on a tote board--or on TVG--than they do admiring colorful silks or counting horse's legs in the post parade.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- Chasing Landaluce