A rejuvenated Campanologist scored his second straight group I victory with a decisive win in the $412,129 Gran Premio Jockey Club Italiano (Ity-I) at San Siro Oct. 16.
By Dan Arrigo -- When I became involved in Thoroughbred racing in the 1950s, it was a sport of numbers. Now, it seems to be more of a business of numbers than a sport, but most racing fans still spend more time looking at the figures on a tote board--or on TVG--than they do admiring colorful silks or counting horse's legs in the post parade.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Passes
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill