Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials are declining to confirm or deny whether 16 men arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. earlier this week on immigration violations had employment connections to the city's Thoroughbred racetrack.
Three trainers and a clocker based at Penn National Race Course were arrested Friday, Nov. 22 after a federal grand jury indicted them on fraud charges in connection with races and workouts at the Grantville, Pa. track.
Jockey Kent Desormeaux was arrested at Saratoga the evening of Aug. 31 after he attempted to strike a security guard with his car, police said.
Florida-based jockey Eibar Coa was jailed Monday, Jan. 31 on a domestic battery charge after his wife told police Coa punched her in the face, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training